Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Don't ya just love it when that happens????

So we are reading through Proverbs in our journey through the Bible (chronologically)as a church this year. For weeks I have been questioning and struggling with how David started out strong and finished terribly and Solomon as well. When we began Proverbs I was thinking to myself what good did this wisdom do him if he turned away from the Lord, and why would I want to follow it?? God spoke directly to my questions through our sermon at church on Sunday and I so cherished this new understanding that I wanted to share it. Our pastor explained to us that this is God's Wisdom not Solomon's and that just like any human who falls to sin we should use discernment and not "throw the baby out with the bath water" as they say - by the way I added that not our pastor!! I hope that if you have ever had this question that you are encouraged by this as I was and hold fast to God's Word as His Wisdom!!!

No comments: