Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Desire For a Servant's Heart

Last week as I got to my Bible study I was weary. Dinner had been hectic and I was running late because I wanted to clean up so I wouldn't come home to a sink full of dishes and a bed covered with laundry. I was grumpy and in no mood to feel guilty about my behavior, but as the Holy Spirit so often does He used the words of our lesson to soften my heart enough to see that I don't always have a servant's heart when it comes to my home and family. I am praying and hopefully you will lift some prayers on my behalf to have a genuine servant's heart with my husband and children. I don't want to make them all co-dependent unable to care for themselves in any way, but what I do want is to have a smile on my face as I serve in my home and take care of my loved ones. I want to stop muttering under my breath and feeling taken advantage of and replace that with the contentment of following Christ's example. I love my family and most days don't mind my role -- especially since I am so thankful to be a stay at home mom!! I pray that the next time the waves of self pity start to crash on my head that I will picture my Savior on His knees washing the feet of His disciples and that it will focus my attitude to resemble His!!

No comments: