Friday, February 20, 2009
Do you love your Bible?
I have a heart for Bible study; not just any study, but it seems my heart quickens for Beth Moore studies. I don't consider myself a groupie (if that is even a bad thing), but a found wanderer. I read the Bible for years and it was just that -- a time of reading. I never knew what I was missing! I want everyone I know, but more importantly every woman I know to stop reading and start understanding. There is nothing special about me - in fact I feel rather inadequate when it comes to study. That is what draws me to Beth. Where I read through a passage and don't think to ask the question she stops me and asks and allows my unfocused mind to clue in on miraculous details of God's Word that make me know and love Him even more. For example we are studying Esther and I never noticed that the name of God is not mentioned in the book. The entire book is a lesson in God's providence and His unseen hand. I don't know about you, but I for one have had many times in my life where God seemed from my human perspective to be absent. God is as intentional in what He doesn't reveal as in the things He does. When I am in the throws of a study I am excited to pick up the Bible and delve in...when I'm not my interest wains. It is my heart's desire to impact the people in my world, and to see us being more real with one another. We spend way too much time trying to be impressive to each other... See what a good housekeeper I am, or a good mother, or a good wife, etc. etc., and far too little time praying for one another and asking the true questions.. How is your walk? What is on your heart today? and What can I do to help? I want to know more about the things God is working on in the lives of those around me, and share more of what is going on in mine. So the next few entries will be dedicated to sharing the lessons from Esther since that is where God has me right now. I hope my excitement is contagious -- I hope the awe of things revealed draws you to sign up for the next Bible study you can find because I know there are lots of good ones out there and all that really matters is that you are excited to study God's Word and that you are finding more of Him each time you pick it up. I also pray that you know His will for your life. Seek Him and His will will find you!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment